starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deadlift milestone

Default Deadlift milestone

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Well this is a milestone I've been working toward for a while - 3 plate deadlift for reps. As far as technique, I notice my hips rising a little early but I can attribute that to doing more oly lifting (with a lower starting hip position) lately so my setups might be carrying over. Anyway I don't think the hip shooting is a huge deal, I'll work on it by just focusing on setting up with the hips a bit higher and it shouldn't be a problem. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkiN6ftPN2Q

Thoughts?

Solid looking deadlifts. You have the right idea about starting with a more horizontal back angle. Also, it is time to eat more, but you probably know that, too.

Looks pretty good, but is there anything wrong with him doing them so fast on the way up, or is that fine?

um. wut?

Quote Originally Posted by manisstrong View Post
    Looks pretty good, but is there anything wrong with him doing them so fast on the way up, or is that fine?
    Why would one purposefully slow the bar speed?

perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by manisstrong View Post
    Only thing I can think is that if the bar is going up fast maybe the weight is too light, or you are too strong. Haha.

I could justify slowing bar speed on the negative. I lift with iron plates, and some of the early warmup sets in a workout I try to make "silent". But I wouldn't recommend that for work sets. Or at least, I find my work sets far too heavy as it is to consider it.

I would have to slow the bar if by going fast my form goes to shit. That doesn't apply to OP.

OP, nice work. Looks like you have at least another 90lbs in the tank based on bar speed in the near future. You also seem to have a good eye for the movement.

Nice set.

Add the cheeseburger to your training program and you will go far.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks guys. Yes I am gaining weight slowly but surely as I gain strength. Not necessarily the route this board generally suggests but it is working for me and I am content with the (comparatively) slow gains - I'm only 20 years old, not interested in porking out as I've got a lot of lifting/growing time ahead of me! Look out for a video of 405 in due time!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast