starting strength gym

Thread: Broom Squat Check

Default Broom Squat Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi,

after screwing around with several bb-splits I luckily found this site. I since read the Book "Starting Strength" and watched the dvd several times. I will start starting strength as soon as I recover from a cold. I didn't really try the squat in the Gym yet, because I want to make shure I have the technique down. So here's me broom squatting in the living room:

Broom Squat

Is the bar/broom in the right (low) position? I'm having flexibility problems in the shoulders and that's how far I can go down.

Tom

Not bad, but you need to do this with a weight on your back. Broomsticks won't work. Too far removed from actual training to show anything useful.

Thanks! I just wanted to make sure I'm on the right track. Next time I'll post a video with me squatting with some weight. Can't wait until I can go to the gym again. It's almost as if christmas is right around the corner. Oh, wait ...

You also need to find a way to stop your knees from moving forward 1/3-1/2 after the decent. Yours continue to move forward the entire way down.