starting strength gym

Thread: Another form check pestering

Default Another form check pestering

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello from across the pond! I've watched as many videos on here as possible to try and identify what I'm doing wrong, think my back is rounding at the bottom which I have seen others do and it's either crap form or a normal bodily movement, I think it's crap form as a result of flexibility but that may not be all that's wrong with it! here's a clip of my final 3x5 set at 297lbs (135kg in our useless metric system)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa-i49YpMY4&t=21
    Any advice would be massively appreciated

Get the bar about 4-5cm lower on your back, hold it in the bottom of your palms so that you can keep your wrists straight. Your stance looks fine, but you'll have to angle your knees out more so that you can get deep without your back rounding. Can't see your feet in this video, but it's possible they are point too much forward.

Thanks for the reply, feet are about 40 degrees out so i will concentrate on pushing my knees out and getting the bar down which I thought was about right, clearly I was wrong!

His backs looks fine, it doesn't enter flexion that I can see. Less extended, maybe, but that's the RH argument all over again.