starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift(160kg) and Squat(140kg, knee issue) form check

Default Deadlift(160kg) and Squat(140kg, knee issue) form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    DL:
    Iv'e never trained DL serious before so i'm not sure about my technique. I keep adding 10kg each week(I guess i'll be able to do it for 2-4 more weeks).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haH-LtTikpk

Squat:
    My squat technique used to be different. Probably less deep also.
    For some reason my right knee hurts every time squat these days. My guess is that it is a bit beaten because it also hurts on the not so hard sets. But it is probably all comes from a bad technique.
    *In this specific training I was very weak for some reason(i'm 10% of the weight I should have squatted, and still struggling a bit).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUJkBM501is

Can you please comment?
    Thanks

The main problem with your deadlift is that you are not setting your back after the first rep. First rep is ok, next ones are not, the last ones you're lifting on the wall so I can't tell.

Squat seems ok.

Re: squats-- not bad, but keep your head down. Also, stand all the way up between reps.

Re: DL--what Carlos said.

Looks like you're not quite locking out the deadlifts.

Couldn't be stuffed looking at the squats.

DL:
    -By not setting the back after first rep you mean my back is too rounded therefore it is not in proper position?
    -I'm trying not to exaggerate with locking up(like a lot of people do). Just regular standing. I will try focusing on it more next workout.

Squat:
    -My head is a bit up due to the mirror infront of me. The temptation to look at myself is too high hehe. I will try look a bit lower next time.
    -That does look like i'm not standig all the way up between reps but I do. I'm not completly locking my knees but i'm up just before full lock.
    ***From your opinions my squat seems fine but i'm still having bad right knee pain. Any idea what can cause it? Maybe some different view angel I can shot next time in order for you to see maybe i'm doing something wrong?

Thanks.

starting strength coach development program
    -That does look like i'm not standig all the way up between reps but I do. I'm not completly locking my knees but i'm up just before full lock.
    ***From your opinions my squat seems fine but i'm still having bad right knee pain. Any idea what can cause it? Maybe some different view angel I can shot next time in order for you to see maybe i'm doing something wrong?
    -----

Your squat does seem fine. If you feel tempted to use the mirror, face away from it. I never train into a mirror anymore unless I'm in a new gym or have no other choice. I see no issues with your technique that could be causing right knee pain. The only thing that I could even come close to recommending is widening your stance a little bit and pushing your knees out a little more. Again, these are minor things. If the knee problem persists, I would consider a reset to a lighter weight to see if you can diagnose the form issue yourself.

When they say you're not setting your back, you need to probably have it lower, with a steeper angle to ensure that you're not putting any undue stress on your lower back. This could be a hamstring issue. Have you read SS?