starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Form check request on the big three

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Sorry about that, wrong thread.
    Last edited by nabbler; 02-16-2013 at 08:31 PM.

work on the deadlift setup. i mean seriously practice it, like get into the perfect pulling position and then walk away, and repeat a dozen times. video yourself and compare to the book.

Thanks. I have re-read the deadlift section and it really made sense. I just never took the time to video myself and yeah the flaws are quite glaring. I do have trouble getting my low back set, but when I really concentrate on keeping my chest up the form is MUCH better. It even feels quite different, with more emphasis on my quads and mid-back. Before I was hardly using my legs at all, almost exclusively lifting with my hips and back. I am very excited about the improvement this form change will make, even if it sets me back some weight for a while.

If anyone is still checking this thread here is my latest set of squats ... 205lbs 3x8, the third set. I feel its pretty good though I get too loose near the end. Tried out a belt for the first time. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. http://youtu.be/v54QJC5wSZA

They look better. You have a little knee drift near the bottom that should be fixed, but it's not terrible. I think you can still keep your torso tighter with a harder Valsalva. You may actually get better results from that style of belt if you turn it around so the thicker part is in front.

starting strength coach development program
    awesome more dead links, guys who do it should be banned. greatly reduces forum usefulness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12