starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please stop being lazy and edit your videos

Default Please stop being lazy and edit your videos

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    If you want people to spend time watching your videos, please be courteous and edit them to the correct start point...

That is all..

This always bothered me. it only takes a few seconds to edit in Windows Movie Maker, or you could even just put an annotation to the right time. Their is no reason I have to watch someone stand in front of the bar for 5 minutes before they lift

While I agree with the sentiment, I couldn't actually find any way to edit the videos that my phone generated, .3gp, on a Mac. (I needed to rotate mine, not cut.) It was either buy software to edit the videos or make some new videos--so I made some new videos.

But, I did read the sticky before posting, which most people don't seem to do. I daresay you are not going to fix the internet's problems with this appeal, either, Edge. The kind of people who will read your post will also read the sticky, so you are preaching to the converted.

Tobo, if the videos are in YouTube, there is a share function that allows you to choose a start time. It inputs the necessary code for you.

Nah, I didn't want mine on youtube. And linking to a specific start time wouldn't have helped with the rotation issue I mentioned in my post. Though I did read about that option in the sticky before I made any posts in this forum. I am one of those people who reads everything before asking questions. I even bought and read Mean Ol' Mr. Gravity because it was mentioned in a sticky as a book that addresses most of the conceivable questions that come up, and it does indeed--and then some. But I digress. My point is, people either read the instructions or they don't.

If you're willing to spend a couple bucks, there's a great iPhone app that I use to edit my videos, called "Cute CUT". You can rotate and trim beginning and end as necessary right on the phone among other things (I stitch mine together into one video). You can upload them right to youtube or export them as a file to upload somewhere else. Very handy.

I also like to edit a slow motion on my cleans as anyone who has followed my form checks knows. This I do on youtube, not this app.

I put mine on youtube and mark them as not searchable, so only those with the link can find them. And I turn off comments.

Youtube has free editing features, I use them to rotate each video right-side-up and to cut off the wasted part at the beginning and end.

I'm rather certain that there is freeware out there on a mac to do this... For windows, Microsoft offers a free program (windows moviemaker)......

Hang on.. let me google for a mac...

VideoPad Free Video Editing Software
    Free Mac video editor software. Easily edit movies and video clips.

Seems to sum it up

mac comes with a pre installed movie editor - it's called iMovie or some such.

or there are apps that can do it - free ones too

starting strength coach development program
    I usually trim my videos right on my phone using the default iPhone viewer just to save storage and make uploading a bit faster.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast