starting strength gym

Thread: squat and deadlift form check

Default squat and deadlift form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello, first of all i would like to thank you. My right ankle did hurt for almost three years after a surgery. this pain vanished during the program. I gained 44 pounds of weight during my first cycle of the program despite being ill almost every month.
    Because of this i had to have a tonsillectomy and stop the program. Due to some major complications i couldnīt train for two months. Before this break my stats were:

6ft and 190 pound (still to light)
    squat 1rm: 341 pound
    deadlift 1rm: 352 pound
    bench 1rm: 225 pund

After doing LBBS a spot around my left elbow hurts( I touch it in the video). Bigger weight means more pain. It doesnīt hurt bad during the squat, the first seconds after a set are quite painful. I had this pain before my break (trained nevertheless) but now it is even more intense. I tried several things: Shoulder dislocations, wider grip, closer grip, felxing the wrist, thumbs-around grip, wrist wraps, bringing the elbows under the bar, elevating them more and chin-ups every workout. Nothing helps. The only thing that takes the pain a little bit away are HBBS. But i donīt want to do them since they are not part of the program.
    So what am i doing wrong or are my joints pure shit? Is it possible that i have too little "meat" on my back causing the weight to shift on my elbows?

last set with 220 pound.

My second concern is with the deadlift. My deadlift and squat are always pretty close. You state, that one should lift more than squat. Am i doing something wrong?

231 pound

Thank you

Better angles needed:

1st video, hands and the bar have to be completely visible-> rotate more to the back side
    2nd video, bar has to be visible-> rotate to front so that the bar&grip is visible.

You need to try hard to make your lower back stay flat/extended. What should happen in the lower back, happens in the middle.