starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squat Check - 285 - Have at me

Default Squat Check - 285 - Have at me

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    So I had a rough set today, hit the bar on my catcher on the second rep and it threw me right off....

I was going to delete it, but said fuck it, let the folks on the board have at me.

Set 3, of 3 @ 285

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzhEh...ature=youtu.be

Things I see:

Coming forward on the way down, forcing me to recover the path on the way up.

A couple of reps my hips were rising faster than my chest.. I need to work on my bounce out of the hole to keep that chest rising at the same pace as my initial drive

Depth was a little too much (except on the last rep) zackpassman mind fucked me by missing his depth so I think I was over compensating... Got some buttwink and forward bar movement as punishment.

Hey Milo, or anyone for that matter, I'll be starting advanced novice soon, suggestions on programming?

looks like the same issue I was having (am having) for a while... not letting the back angle break down.

Where's Milo when you need him.

I only opened this to check out your video editing.

But I do see a problem with your bar path--it's not quite vertical, with the bar moving forward slightly as you descend. For me, this was something that was correlated with a knee slide, and your knees do move forward a little bit in some of the reps. (You know I am a noob, though, so feel free to ignore.)

Quote Originally Posted by tobo View Post
    I only opened this to check out your video editing.

But I do see a problem with your bar path--it's not quite vertical, with the bar moving forward slightly as you descend. For me, this was something that was correlated with a knee slide, and your knees do move forward a little bit in some of the reps. (You know I am a noob, though, so feel free to ignore.)
    Nothing wrong with pointing out what you see, I believe the bar path issue is not from my knees, but from my back angle being too great too early, bringing the bar forward.. I need to slow the descent a bit and keep a higher angle into the hole.... I think knees coming out is a compensation for this (as you can see the bar coming forward on the descent)..

Just what I think though, differing opinions are always welcome... I have a lifting session with a SS coach on the 7th... I want to get as good at form as I can before it so he can focus on the difficult things instead of basic form..

Edit: How's my video editing?

Maybe try using that slot analogy Rip uses. That's kinda how I'm trying to fix mine. I'm not there yet, but I think it's improving.

I'll be posting another tonight @ 290.. We'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Nothing wrong with pointing out what you see, I believe the bar path issue is not from my knees, but from my back angle being too great too early, bringing the bar forward.. I need to slow the descent a bit and keep a higher angle into the hole.... I think knees coming out is a compensation for this (as you can see the bar coming forward on the descent)..

Just what I think though, differing opinions are always welcome... I have a lifting session with a SS coach on the 7th... I want to get as good at form as I can before it so he can focus on the difficult things instead of basic form..

Edit: How's my video editing?
    Interesting to hear about other causes of non-vertical bar paths. (I am not surprised there is more than one.)

Your video editing is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by tobo View Post
    Your video editing is brilliant.
    lol.... Zackpassman does the best... actually takes the time to put in titles of his sets and shit...

starting strength coach development program
    Ha! It literally takes me 2 seconds with that cutecut app. you add a text block, then add a video and repeat. I trim the videos the normal iphone way first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast