starting strength gym

Thread: 310 x 5 Squat Check

Default 310 x 5 Squat Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    This was a new 3x5 PR for me. I reset back to Adv Novice after attending one of the seminars so here goes.

Quote Originally Posted by amsgator View Post
    This was a new 3x5 PR for me. I reset back to Adv Novice after attending one of the seminars so here goes.

Pretty solid.

The bar is straight on the way down (good) but it moving forward on the way up just slightly. I don't know how you should fix it.

You may be squatting about a half inch too deep, but it's hard to tell because of the black shorts.

These look pretty good to me. The biggest issue is that you do a slight good morning, and it becomes more pronounced as you fatigue. Just focus on driving your hips straight up (they go back in this vid) and maintaining back angle. The master cue might help (envision yourself keeping the bar in a vertical slot over the center of your foot). Great job on the PR.

Default 310 x 5 Squat Check

My struggle is finding enough lean. I think that's why I good morning, because I'm trying to make sure I'm leaning over enough.

Notice how the back angle is different on the eccentric vs concentric phase? Shove the hips back more as you initiate the eccentric phase. Otherwise, it's pretty good.