starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift Form Check 225x5

Default Deadlift Form Check 225x5

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Deadlift Form Check: This was a set of 5 with 225 but it looks like the camera shut off after two reps. The weight was a walk in the park and this is my best ever deadliest form. Reps 3-5 were actually better from a hips and chest up standpoint so it's ashamed the camera shut off. This was my first time dragging the bar up the legs so it felt pretty weird but seemed to work pretty well. I appreciate any advice. https://youtu.be/mawCE3quWdc

https://www.youtube.com/embed/mawCE3quWdc

It looks like your hips may be a bit low at the start of the pull. Your hips lift up quite a bit before the actual bar leaves the floor.

Hips are too low in the start. Your shoulders should be slightly in front of the bar at the start. This is achieved by setting the bar one inch away from the shins, grabbing the bar with straight legs then bringing your shins to the bar so they come in contact with the bar without actually moving the bar. Then you squeeze your chest up without dropping your hips so that your spine is locked in extension.

You should also hold your breath throughout the entire rep. Take your breath just before your pull then after you set the bar down, you may exhale.

When setting the bar down, you should first hinge at the hips before you bend your knees. This will allow you to avoid some nasty bruises on your knees.

Fix your set up and hold your breath until you set the bar down. Set the bar down in the reverse order in which you picked it up.

Do you have the book(s)? Your set up is lacking. I don't think I've ever seen anyone who set up with such a low hip placement.

My pulls have actually been terrible since focusing on the form so much. I'm working with Diemily as Brodie calls them 5 days from today. I think they may get me on track.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MoreBeast View Post
    My pulls have actually been terrible since focusing on the form so much. I'm working with Diemily as Brodie calls them 5 days from today. I think they may get me on track.
    I don't know Diemily or Brodie. I Diemily a SS coach or somebody at a Planet Fitness. A SS coarch can get you on the right path very quickly.

The Socolinsky's are SS coaches here in Maryland. Brodie is Brodie Butland the Consigliere or whatever also an SS coach.

The Socolinsky's are SS coaches here in Maryland. Brodie is Brodie Butland the Consigliere or whatever also an SS coach.
    You should get very good help.

Are those low carbon steel pipes I can see?

starting strength coach development program
    I am actually an SS coach in central MD.