starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deadlift Form Check 295x8 - Please Help, Frustrated

Default Deadlift Form Check 295x8 - Please Help, Frustrated

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Deadlift has never felt 'right' to me. Ive been as high as 510 probably 6-7 years ago. I've had many low back injuries from DL, so about 3-4 years ago I switched to lowering my hips more, which made my back angle look better, but that didn't stop the injuries. I'm trying to adopt the Rippetoe technique, but I'm still not happy with this back angle. Do you think it's acceptable? The program I'm on called for 295x12, 8, 8, 8 today. I got through all of it, but just was not happy with this video I took. What am I missing? Not squozed enough???? Thanks for the help. I would love to get this frustrating move figured out.

295x8 - YouTube

Yes, you need to squeeze more. Google Rips article about deadlifting in a belt.
    4 DL sets across isn't the consensus over here.
    Read the sticky about suggestions for filming. Smarter people will still write more stuff here.

Thanks for the reply, I thought the main issue was squeezing up. No I do not own the book.

I'd recommend it over the free YouTube stuff, as you learn the how and why of things.
    Also makes correcting errors possible.

It's very difficult to use the most scientific methods of strength training if you don't read and follow the books and if you don't get a consult from time to time.

8,8,8 is not recommended. It's no wonder you have back pains. You don't squeeze your body and you tend to breathe at times during the lifts. Your back is also arched. There are other things to be said but some of it won't make much sense if you are not following the technique. Please, get the book(s).

Ok. Kindle version off amazon ok? id like to go ahead and start reading.

I'd recommend that you get the book. It's a one time investment that will help you for the rest of your (hopefully long) training life.

On the lift: I think the others are right, you are not trying to squeeze your chest up hard enough. Also, the bar is rolling forward right before you initiate the pull. Once the bar is over your mid foot, it must stay there. This is covered by the book as well, so there's one more reason to get it.

starting strength coach development program
    Guys, I did some form work sets today after reading a good bit of the DL section. This is only 185, but let me know what you think?

Thanks in advance.

185 - YouTube

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast