starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form

Default Deadlift form

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    February 23, 2016 - YouTube

Havent taken any video of my DL since Ive started so I thought some feedback would be appropriate.

This is yesterdays workset of 260lb. Ive noticed that I may have taken the keep your hips high cue a bit too much, and maybe some lumbar flexion. Curious as too what you guys think I should fix. I took the video directly perpendicular because I was curious about my back angle. Thanks again.

1. Check out the sticky about form check videos. Basically, we can't see your feet and the bar, so we can't check your setup.
    2. You're going around your knees on the descent. Break from your hips first and don't bend your knees until the bar is past them.
    3. More SQUOZE is always a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    1. Check out the sticky about form check videos. Basically, we can't see your feet and the bar, so we can't check your setup.
    2. You're going around your knees on the descent. Break from your hips first and don't bend your knees until the bar is past them.
    3. More SQUOZE is always a good thing.

Thanks will keep these in mind next workout.

Lockout at top. Drag the bar up and lean back.

you back is nearly horizontal, which means not enough knee angle and therefore no much in the way of quad involvement to break the bar off the floor. Essentially you are doing a SLDL (all back)
    No spinal erector contraction/extension. As the bar gets to your knees, squeeze your glutes hard, this will help get your hips forward so you can lock out. As you move your hips forward, pull your shoulders back. do not do a hyperextension by excessively leaning back.

You vid sucks pretty much for any other constructive comments.

Quote Originally Posted by lou t View Post
    you back is nearly horizontal, which means not enough knee angle and therefore no much in the way of quad involvement to break the bar off the floor. Essentially you are doing a SLDL (all back)
    No spinal erector contraction/extension. As the bar gets to your knees, squeeze your glutes hard, this will help get your hips forward so you can lock out. As you move your hips forward, pull your shoulders back. do not do a hyperextension by excessively leaning back.

You vid sucks pretty much for any other constructive comments.
    All noted, apologies for the video.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebowl42 View Post
    All noted, apologies for the video.
    no worries. just frustrating when folks want to help and are limited

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by lou t View Post
    no worries. just frustrating when folks want to help and are limited
    Ive actually referred too the sticky for previous squat videos, mistakenly thought this angle would be better since I thought my back angle was the problem. Oh well next time.