starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deadlift form check 500lbs x 1

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    Thanks, but I know how to Deadlift. I'm just saying if the OP's stance works well for him he should run with it.
    I never said you didn't know how to deadlift. I also know how. Glad we both know. Deadlifting is awesome.

You seem to advocate trying new things, but only if they are contrary to the SS way of doing things. In this case we have no indication whether OP has always deadlifted with a wide stance or if he arrived at the wide stance after trying to deadlift many different ways over time. He may like a narrow stance better - it may work better for him! Since he mentioned in his first post that he is trying to follow the SS model, why not point out the differences between his current deadlift technique and the SS model?

Also, I can use the same argument to advocate for the narrower stance. See Mike Tuchscherer, Eric Lilliebridge, Brad Gillingham, Ed Coan (conv), Benedikt Magnusson, Andy Bolton, etc. all have a stance width of about 8-12 inches. If it works for them... right?

Yep, finding new exercises that work for me is what keeps me progressing. And yes, Deadlifts Are Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    I never said you didn't know how to deadlift. I also know how. Glad we both know. Deadlifting is awesome.

You seem to advocate trying new things, but only if they are contrary to the SS way of doing things. In this case we have no indication whether OP has always deadlifted with a wide stance or if he arrived at the wide stance after trying to deadlift many different ways over time. He may like a narrow stance better - it may work better for him! Since he mentioned in his first post that he is trying to follow the SS model, why not point out the differences between his current deadlift technique and the SS model?

Also, I can use the same argument to advocate for the narrower stance. See Mike Tuchscherer, Eric Lilliebridge, Brad Gillingham, Ed Coan (conv), Benedikt Magnusson, Andy Bolton, etc. all have a stance width of about 8-12 inches. If it works for them... right?
    I agree, it is worth a shot for sure. I have a gut, so I always went a little wider. I ended up trying a narrower stance with a smaller/thinner belt. I still keep my hands a little wider than normal for my legs, but I think the closer stance is more powerful for me at least.

I tried the deadlift with a narrower stance. It seems to engage the quads more. Good suggestion. Thanks.

starting strength coach development program
    I have nothing to add to the feedback. I just wanted to say that I want to look like you when I'm 49. Good job! (And awesome gunz.)

Edit: and of course congrats on a great deadlift and big milestone!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12