Default Squat check 310# please

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello,
    Just looking for a form check.
    2nd set-310#-3 March 2016 - YouTube

I've been working on a number of things since my last one but specifically:

Depth-I was high on a lot of them. It looks to me like I'm still high but much better than before

Back angle-I've been trying to get less upright and maintain a tight straight back throughout.

I appreciate the feedback.

You already know what you need to work on but I would just reiterate that you need to focus on shoving your knees out right away and then sitting back for the second part of the movement. If you look really closely at your earlier reps, you will notice your heels starting to lift (reps 2 & 3 in particular), so be sure to stay mid-foot and get your weight off of your toes. You also may or may not be lifting your chin on the ascent, but it's hard to tell.

I looked back on your previous videos of 295 and earlier, and they looked pretty good. It's evident that you've been working on your technique. You just need to be a stickler with your depth before increasing to the next weight.
    Last edited by Ness Oszast; 03-03-2016 at 05:46 PM.

Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it.

I'll keep working in the form.

Set your hands as narrow as possible. When you place your hands on the bar, sight the bottom thumb and pinkie knuckle above the horizontal plane of the bar, then maintain a straight wrist. Your wrist is in flexion over the bar and the bar is not held tight evidenced by the wrist movement throughout the set. Notice that it is set in flexion before you unrack the bar, this is an error. Consequently, the bar does not appear to be secure at all on your back.

You're head is moving around (up), set it low and keep it there. Shove your hips back AND knees out more into the squat. The hips aren't set back nearly far enough. You need to allow yourself to fold in half. This is why the weight is moving forward and you end up squatting on your forefoot.