Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deadlift form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Set that lumbar. Squeeze your chest up.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Set that lumbar. Squeeze your chest up.
    How is the warm up video I'm thinking of going back to under 300lb? Is my back set throughout the movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Ice-man View Post
    How is the warm up video I'm thinking of going back to under 300lb? Is my back set throughout the movement?
    1st rep was better than the second. Squeeze your fucking chest up and drag the bar up your leg.

Ok

Ok
    I think my issue is I only squeeze my chest up during setup and not the entire pull! Have a look at earlier warm up....which focuses squeezing chest up not just starting position but the entire lift. going to work my up in 20lbs increment from 220lb

Lower the bar in a controlled manner. Also, you are breaking your knees *way* too early on the descent. Get the bar at your knees, then start bending them. See how the bar goes out and around your knees? I wonder if having the load pull away from you like that is contributing to your pain.

Have you tried DL without a belt? I'm wondering if your gut is causing issues with you getting into an effective position (see Rip's article about DLing belts).

Is that a work set or warmup? Everything seemed ok to me. But it sure looked easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_R View Post
    Lower the bar in a controlled manner. Also, you are breaking your knees *way* too early on the descent. Get the bar at your knees, then start bending them. See how the bar goes out and around your knees? I wonder if having the load pull away from you like that is contributing to your pain.

Have you tried DL without a belt? I'm wondering if your gut is causing issues with you getting into an effective position (see Rip's article about DLing belts).
    You are absolutely right deadlifting without a belt if 100% more comfortable due to my gut, which I'm working on reducing. Without a belt I feel like when I squeeze my chest up I can feel my lower back going into locked extension in more powerful position.

Lowering the bar has also been an issue I can easily break hips first but with belt on feels awkward.

I don't want to progress with heavy weights without belt too, it's a 4inch belt and I'm only 5'6-7 at best so that maybe a contributing factor.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Is that a work set or warmup? Everything seemed ok to me. But it sure looked easy.
    It was a warm up, I'm trying to attain a weight to reset back to. For the workset, going to reset and start with that(225) plus another 45lb I think. Progress from there the reason for the reset is I always got into a good starting position, but j don't remember fighting to stay in the position(e.g squezing chest up through out range of movement) during the actual pull.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast