starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deadlift back angle timing

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by DorPwnz View Post
    I understand it's easier to use the ego for commenting here or being a majority vs minority but the case is that the diagonal angle exists in every person,in some it looks more "diagonal" and in some it looks less diagonal. for more info Squat Mechanics: A Deep Analysis | T Nation Ofcourse deadlifts are not squats but the timing of when you straighten your back is the same as the squat [this was my primary question which was not answered at all,by the way. only the aspect of how it looks like was answered althrough for me it's not an answer]
    We'd like to you help, but you've picked an arbitrary number (45 degrees) and asked if the angle changes at the same rate as the squat. And as we've tried to tell you, back angle will be determined by anthropometry. You've been told this by 3 different people.
    Further, what does it matter if the deadlift and squat angle change at the same rate?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Troupos View Post
    We'd like to you help, but you've picked an arbitrary number (45 degrees) and asked if the angle changes at the same rate as the squat. And as we've tried to tell you, back angle will be determined by anthropometry. You've been told this by 3 different people.
    Further, what does it matter if the deadlift and squat angle change at the same rate?
    because i need to know what is the most effective phrase to straighten my back during the deadlift.. maybe the angles won't be the same but i need to know the so called timing. like ,if you stay in the same angle untill half way up or you need to straighten your back from the very start of the lift [my common sense tells me you need to change halfway up since your body needs some time to "adapt" every rep]
    By the way - the whole article i posted here was about the time you switch angles from 45 degrees / to straight so i guess it's important!
    Last edited by DorPwnz; 12-04-2016 at 04:09 AM.

If you follow the deadlift setup procedure and perform the lift by dragging the bar up the legs, the proper body segment movements take care of themselves.

I think you are way over thinking things. Can you post a video?

EDIT:

By the way - the whole article i posted here was about the time you switch angles from 45 degrees / to straight so i guess it's important!
    No, it wasn't. There's nothing about timing in that article other than you've got to have your knees set in position by the first 1/3 to 1/2 of the descent. The article is Rip discussing the mechanics of a more horizontal back angle in relation to posterior chain musculature in the squat. Moreover, how does this apply to the deadlift which is not a squat?
    Last edited by Satch12879; 12-04-2016 at 10:16 AM.

starting strength coach development program
    because i need to know what is the most effective phrase to straighten my back during the deadlift.. maybe the angles won't be the same but i need to know the so called timing. like ,if you stay in the same angle untill half way up or you need to straighten your back from the very start of the lift [my common sense tells me you need to change halfway up since your body needs some time to "adapt" every rep]
    If you keep the bar on your legs the whole time, the back angle takes care of itself.

Maybe the T Nation folks can help you out.
    Good luck in your training.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12