starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deadlift back angle timing

Default Deadlift back angle timing

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Is it the same as squat ? swtiching from straight back to 45 degrees half way down and switching from 45 degrees position to straight back half way up?
    I think so.

No. Back angle is not the same as the squat. Likewise, the back angle of the squat may or not be 45°, depends on the lifter.

Do you have the book? Are you able to see a certified SS coach?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    No. Back angle is not the same as the squat. Likewise, the back angle of the squat may or not be 45°, depends on the lifter.
    Yes it is. in everything.. check it yourself and see. in every how to or an "Average joe" deadlift, the angle is diagonal untill it straightens in the middle of the rep.
    So from your answer i guess i was right and there's no other option.

Quote Originally Posted by DorPwnz View Post
    Yes it is. in everything.. check it yourself and see. in every how to or an "Average joe" deadlift, the angle is diagonal untill it straightens in the middle of the rep.
    No. You're wrong actually. Back angle is determined by anthropometry. You need to read the book before you can make these statements.

No. Joe is correct. Your back angle is determined by your limb/torso proportions. Have you been able to read the book or watch the tutorial videos?

No.

...are you serious?

I understand it's easier to use the ego for commenting here or being a majority vs minority but the case is that the diagonal angle exists in every person,in some it looks more "diagonal" and in some it looks less diagonal. for more info Squat Mechanics: A Deep Analysis | T Nation Ofcourse deadlifts are not squats but the timing of when you straighten your back is the same as the squat [this was my primary question which was not answered at all,by the way. only the aspect of how it looks like was answered althrough for me it's not an answer]

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Baraki View Post
    No.

...are you serious?
    gl

starting strength coach development program
    gl
    You are still incorrect. Especially when considering the Starting Strength model. The back angles do not change at the same rates and points in the squat and deadlift. There is no set back angle. In fact, many lifters will be more horizontal in a deadlift than they initially believe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast