starting strength gym

Thread: Squat check

Default Squat check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    This is 200 lbs, i noticed from the video a bit of knees forward at the bottom, do you think it will be a problem moving on with the program?
    Dropbox - 1.webm

These look pretty darned good. The weight forward a little on a few reps. I think it may be time to invest in proper footwear.

Better angle
    Dropbox - 02.webm

Bring your hands in a little, narrow your stance by a hair and get some lifting shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The woman who does not require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet.”
    ― Mohadesa Najumi

Quote Originally Posted by Kelli Nielson View Post
    Bring your hands in a little, narrow your stance by a hair and get some lifting shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    These look pretty darned good. The weight forward a little on a few reps. I think it may be time to invest in proper footwear.

Thanks to both, will try next session.

Hands can't go any closer than that, also tried closer stance.
    I was starting to get a bit of pain during hip extension on the inside of my left leg in the groin area, where the leg connects at the hips. That's the same pain i had when learning the squat and having lots of forward knee travel, hopefully it was the wide stance that irritated the same structures and going closer will solve it.
    Here's a video, angle might not be the best.
    Dropbox - 3.webm

starting strength coach development program
    I still get a tight feeling in my left groin, I think hip flexors. The first warmups always feel bad but for now it doesn't bother the main sets.
    I get it when doing the forward hip movement in the press or at the bottom during my warmups when i go knees out, so i would guess that now it's the stretch that causes pain while before i would get it right at the ascent of the squat.
    Do you think i still have too much knee travel and that it could be what is causing this problem or is it the same thing i had before that is on it's way to healing?
    video here: Dropbox - 4.webm