starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form check, first week starting strength

Default Deadlift form check, first week starting strength

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Anybody who can give suggestions on my deadlift form? Dont feel any tension in my hamstrings at all, I try to setup with bar middle of the feet lift my chest, draging the bar up my legs. do u think I can lower my hips more?

marklyft 95 kg - YouTube

Those look really good. I wouldn't change a thing. Except add weight to the bar and add weight to you.

Quote Originally Posted by anthoon View Post
    do u think I can lower my hips more?
    ^^No.

Squeeze the back tight THEN break the bar off the ground. Looked pretty good. Could lower it faster.

Set up a tad closer to the bar. Keep adding weight. Not a bad form. You may want to wear long socks to protect your shins.

As soon as your shins touch the bar do not drop your hips any lower. Squeeze your chest up to flatten your back. And do not move the bar around before you pull. If it moves, stand back up and reset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The woman who does not require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet.”
    ― Mohadesa Najumi

starting strength coach development program
    Looks like you are slightly forward on the way up, just by looking at how you are standing. Keep the bar in contact with the legs and thighs all the way, finish by squeezing your glutes. I think you show very good technique on the way down. Mimic that movement on the way up. Also try to keep the momentum by keeping the body tight after the bar hits the floor and a new rep starts, it takes time to reset, although if youre uncertain about how tight the body feels goin into a new rep, its ok. Find a place to look on the floor 3-4 m ahead of you, easier to focus.

Good luck with the program. Greetings from Norway!

Martin