starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift Form Check #1

Default Deadlift Form Check #1

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    First Deadlift form check video. 5x260lbs

Thanks in advance for the feedback and sorry about the shaky video!

It looks like you're too close to the bar when you set up, should be 1" from your leg.

Stop and reset between each rep, do not "touch and go". When you TNG your deadlifts you are actually taking advantage of a slight bounce when the plates/bar rebound off the floor.

First rep looked good. Once the bar is at the knees, think about pushing your hips into the bar. Lastly, squeeze you abs hard at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Dujin View Post
    It looks like you're too close to the bar when you set up, should be 1" from your leg.

Stop and reset between each rep, do not "touch and go". When you TNG your deadlifts you are actually taking advantage of a slight bounce when the plates/bar rebound off the floor.
    Bar placement is good; it is over the middle of his foot (look at the 5 second mark).

Let the bar come to a dead stop each rep. Otherwise you are doing a bent-leg RDL vice a deadlift, using the mechanical bounce of the plates and the stretch reflex of you hip extensors. The result is you will be weak off of the floor.
    Last edited by Adam Franklin; 12-16-2016 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Franklin View Post
    Bar placement is good; it is over the middle of his foot (look at the 5 second mark).
    Re-watched, I see what you mean now, thanks!

Thanks Adam and Dujin for the feedback. Reps 2-5 were always feeling suspiciously easy, I should have known! Happy to hear the form seems good. I'll work on staying tight at the top.

Thanks for taking the time to watch the video and comment, it's really appreciated.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by tacoblocko View Post
    First Deadlift form check video. 5x260lbs

Thanks in advance for the feedback and sorry about the shaky video!

It looks pretty good to me. If anything, I'd say you could stand to add some weight.