Thread: Squat form check 6

Default Squat form check 6

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Height 6 feet tall
    Weight 90 Kg ( 202 pounds)

Squat weight 80 Kg (176 pounds)

Known technique problem: Squat rack too high.Bar hits uprights in lower position .Will fix by moving to a power rack sometime in the future. Have to train with this till then.

Current Issue: I have some soreness in top outside corners of both knees. I cannot feel anything during daily routine but the soreness is apparent when i tap the knees with my fingers. Also there is some soreness when i get off a chair. Nothing too serious but if there are any form errors I would like to nip them in the bud.

Tried fix:
    Narrowed stance a little bit. Tried to push knees out. Tried to have some hip drive.

Hint: For bar position height on my back. Please use the text on the back of my Tshirt as reference.

up

First, you can get lower without hitting the safeties. These look high but maybe if you're worried about the safeties you're cutting them off early.

Set your knees 1/3 to 1/2 way down and keep them there, yours are going forward. Shove your knees OUT.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom K View Post
    First, you can get lower without hitting the safeties. These look high but maybe if you're worried about the safeties you're cutting them off early.

Set your knees 1/3 to 1/2 way down and keep them there, yours are going forward. Shove your knees OUT.
    What I meant was that I cannot use the lower rack position for the bar as it is too low.

I am trying my best to shove the knees out and also used the prayer stretch before my warmups..

Here is a prior video where i was going too much down and having a butt wink and my knees were even more narrow.

Please check if the first video i posted is any improvement over this.

Please let me know if any progress

starting strength coach development program
    Yes, there is progress. Using a belt will help. Focus on staying tight, getting your knees set, and shoving them out. The depth should come with that. You can play with stance width too (but it looks OK).