starting strength gym

Thread: 110kg Squat Check

Default 110kg Squat Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey guys,

Can I get some help with my Squat.

3 angles, 3 different sets. Realised after watching the first (45' angle) and second (side angle) my kneed slide is pretty bad. I felt like I fixed this a lot by leaning over more and pushing the knees out further but the final video is inconclusive because of the angle (rear).

Anyway, what would be the first ques to work on to solve this?

Thanks

Mike

I was going to say:

TUBOW is what you need.

Also, reach back with your butt at the bottom, instead of punching forward with your knees.

Then I saw the rear angle video and saw the awful knee cave. You can't keep your knees out at this weight can you? So the solution is taking weight off the bar until you find the weight at which you can keep your knees out and then work back up from there. Knees out helps a lot of stuff.

I was going to say something even more basic: fix your footing first.
    Your feet appear to be staggered, and turned out at different angles (that, or your camera placement was sub-optimal).

If no obvious reference lines are available on the floor, I would draw one with chalk, making sure my feet are in line and symmetrical at each set.

I also think you simply need to open up your chest / keep a proud chest / Stand to attention chest / you got the message a bit more.

I also think you are looking too far down (there might be such a thing).

Hope this helps,

IPB

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    I was going to say something even more basic: fix your footing first.
    Your feet appear to be staggered, and turned out at different angles (that, or your camera placement was sub-optimal).

If no obvious reference lines are available on the floor, I would draw one with chalk, making sure my feet are in line and symmetrical at each set.

I also think you simply need to open up your chest / keep a proud chest / Stand to attention chest / you got the message a bit more.

I also think you are looking too far down (there might be such a thing).

Hope this helps,

IPB
    Some good advice here. Here is a good article on keeping your thoracic spine in extension.

Identifying and Correcting Thoracic Spinal Flexion in the Squat | Bill Hannon

Also concentrate on shoving your knees out harder the whole time