starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form

Default Squat form

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey if you guys could give me any pointers on my squat that would be great, I'm trying to work on hip drive and stopping excessive knee slide
    Untitled on Vimeo

In addition I get some pain In my elbow after squatting which I felt through my bench sets, could trying a thumb under grip be of use ?

I think your back angle and depth look pretty good.

It looks like your knees are coming forward throughout the entire movement instead of stopping their forward travel roughly 1/3 of the way down. Pause the video about 1/3 of the way down, look at where your knee is, and then look at where it is at the bottom.

What is that heave you do before every rep? It almost looks like you take a big breath in and then let some of it back out, instead of just holding it and making everything tight.

I am not sure about the cause of your elbow pain. Your elbows did not look to be weight bearing at any point during this set, perhaps they were in an earlier set?

You should avoid gripping with the thumb under the bar, as it makes it easier to slip the wrist/elbow into a weight bearing position.