starting strength gym

Thread: Power clean check 170x3

Default Power clean check 170x3

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey everyone, here's a set of 3 at 170. Does my back angle and start position look ok? I really just want to make sure my setup looks good, is my jumping position ok as well? I think I may be bending my arms before the jump, but I can't seem to find a good place to pause, how are they?

Power clean 170x3 - YouTube

See the angle your back is at when the barbell is at your knees? That should be the back angle you start with; back angle stays the same until the barbell passes your knees, at which point you start to open the hips. So drop your hips and a bit and get your chest up when setting up. Your jump is quite overexaggerated (you are at full extension already at 0:19 and should be changing directions to go down and catch the barbell, but you keep going up and at 0:20 it looks like you are riding an invisible motorcycle) but this is a secondary concern for now.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post
    See the angle your back is at when the barbell is at your knees? That should be the back angle you start with; back angle stays the same until the barbell passes your knees, at which point you start to open the hips. So drop your hips and a bit and get your chest up when setting up. Your jump is quite overexaggerated (you are at full extension already at 0:19 and should be changing directions to go down and catch the barbell, but you keep going up and at 0:20 it looks like you are riding an invisible motorcycle) but this is a secondary concern for now.
    Am I not dropping my hips far enough on the shins to bar step of the setup? Is that why I can't squeeze my chest up better and my hips are too high?

IMO ... All the SS stuff aside, Yeah, in your setup drop your hips a hair, your knees will no doubt bend a little, and therefore that bar might have to move forward a tad.