starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check

Default Squat form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Can you guys help me with my squats form?
    I always struggle to hit depth consistenly if I try ti bend over more rather than stay a little bit more upright. Thanks.
    received_1396432467108843.mp4 - Google Drive

You have a long torso. I think you could stand to bend over ever so slightly. You're not getting any hip drive. You need to push your hips back (which will help with depth). At the bottom, shove your tailbone straight up. Also, eat all the food.

Quote Originally Posted by mattlifts View Post
    You have a long torso. I think you could stand to bend over ever so slightly. You're not getting any hip drive. You need to push your hips back (which will help with depth). At the bottom, shove your tailbone straight up. Also, eat all the food.
    Thanks for your suggestion!

Maybe just because of my shirt that gave me a illusion that I have a short femurs. But I have a really long long femurs.

I tried sitting back more but it was much harder than normal and my lower back getting really beat up.

One other comment, not related to your form, per se: The safeties are VERY low, which kind of negates their purpose. I'd move em up at least 6 inches.