starting strength gym

Thread: Failed set 247 lbs

Default Failed set 247 lbs

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Failed set 112,5kg - YouTube

My latest squat-set. I see some obvious faults like kneecave and lack of depth. What else do you guys see? And any pointers about how to fix it?

I know the camera angle is bad, but å you see, i don't have a lot of space behind me. Plus the platform is not yet level. I stand in a bit of an upslope, 1,5 inches in about two feet. It has to be fixed!
    Last edited by Andersgj; 08-02-2017 at 01:20 PM.

You are lifting your chest which is killing the hip drive. Also, don't be afraid to take another breath or two before rep 4 and 5. You're not going to be able to bang out 5 straight with a quick breath when it gets hard.

Your bar path could also be more straight. In the squat chapter of the book, it refers to a "master cue" which tells lifters to visualize the bar path over mid-foot throughout the movement. Idk if you have been doing that, but if you haven't then you should and, when it gets very heavy, you must.

Thank you guys!

I guess I have to re-read the entire squat chapter again. I struggle to implement the hip drive in real life, it either becomes some bind of good morning abomination or i miss it all together. Any good tips/cues to visualize the hip drive?

I noticed that the bar path was off when I watched it again. I remember i was on my toes a couple of reps. Thanks for the tip on the master cue!

Tell yourself the 5th rep is the only one you fucking care about. Then, take the bar out of the rack. Brace hard. Your hips are breaking before your knees. Think about pushing your ass back and your knees out. All the way down, think about how at the bottom you're going to shove your lower back up. Keep everything tight when you do this. Don't think about standing up with your upper body until you're at the top.