starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check! :)

Default Squat form check! :)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi,

I'd like my squat form being checked. 3 months since I last posted here, added 40 kg to my squat and hope I made some improvements in my form. I know I should look down a bit, I have to fix that. Don't have any pain or issues tho.

Here's a vid of last set yesterday, 145 kg x 5 (320 lbs)

This is a tough angle to critique from with the camera looking up at you. You need to aim your head down lower - try to not watch yourself in the mirror. This will help you get more bent from the hips and build more hip drive. You need to get tighter. I think your stance may be a little too wide or, at the very least, you are not keeping your knees driven out over your feet (particularly on the way up).

Keep your eyes down- ditch the mirror if you can. Look at a spot 3' in front of you. You are breaking with the knees first- knees and hips shuld break at the same time. Point your titties at the ground and keep chest down until you get to the top 1/3 of the lift, And like Jeff said, take a big breath in and get tighter.

Since you cant reverse the hooks on that rack, put something on the floor to stare at...