starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Re-worked squat check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Thanks! Does that mean the 3rd set was a too hard to the side, so I should just stick with what I did for set 2 and that kind of knee movement in is acceptable?

Yes. If you find yourself getting stuck on depth after not cranking your knees so far out, just widen your stance a little.

OK. I did all these at my usual knees out as discussed. I think I've figured out how to analyze my videos, so going by the bar path, knee movement in and my hips position at the bottom, everything is checking out pretty well, correct? There was a weird one in the final set were I lifted chest first for some reason, but since it felt funny I knew right away and I'll have to not dawdle some much on the last rep since that final one looked loose or something. I think I just thought about it too much and messed up the movement.

YouTube

You're a touch shallow on a few of these.

Your elbows look a bit too cranked up. Try puffing your chest out more.

Hmm OK, I tried going a bit lower and lowering my elbows as well so at least I think the elbows may be better? As for the squats, they felt surprisingly tough to hold/use that form compared to when I had crappier form with heavier weights so not sure what that is about. Am I not leaning over enough or not in my hips enough during these sets? I tried getting tighter in my shoulders to keep my arms lower and puffing out my chest more in the 3rd set to see if that would smooth things out a bit more compared to 1 and 2, do you think it helped or are all my sets kind of meh?

YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    Not sure where the edit button went but I forgot to add that I kept my stance width the same as the other videos. Should I perhaps go slightly wider again? If so, when is it too much, when knees move in no matter what I do or start getting hip pain?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234