starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lower back position problems and the 5-step deadlift

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by timelinex View Post
    If you are "almost there", and the issue is flexibility, do light/medium weight RDL's before your deadlifts. They work like magic to stretch you out enough to get into position. You can stand on a step if you want to stretch out further.

BTW, I have the same problem as you and just saw an SSC. Unfortunately there are no magic fixes. We just have to keep working on our flexibility and do our best. I wasn't "almost there", but rather very far from there. RDl's helped immensely.

Here is a thread I recently started about this topic:

http://startingstrength.com/resource...dlift-ohp.html
    Thanks for the suggestion.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Those videos were from my 4th SS workout, which was my 4th ever barbell workout. Just me and a book, so it's taking me a while to check everything's correct (sorry that makes for long videos...) I think these probably are too light. I did no increment vs my last session to focus on technique. I'm planning to add 7-8kg per workout for the next couple of weeks. My plan is to do a slightly longer Linear Progression so that I get the technique right. Such is the cost of no SSC nearby.

Thanks for the advice.
    No issue, we all started somewhere! Keeping working and posting, and we will help get you squared away!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12