• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Link -> X - YouTube
    Weight = 98.5kg x 3 x 5
    Sets shown = 2 and 3
    Height = 6ft 5.5
    Age = 20

I apologise about the shit angles. The first one is too low, the second one omits my legs and the power rack itself blocks a lot of the lift.

Any thoughts/criticisms/suggestions?

Thanks

Your shoulders don't appear to be set and you lack all around tightness. Pinch your shoulder blades together harder and drive with your legs towards the rack. I'd move your grip out a touch as well in order to get your forearms more vertical.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    Your shoulders don't appear to be set and you lack all around tightness. Pinch your shoulder blades together harder and drive with your legs towards the rack. I'd move your grip out a touch as well in order to get your forearms more vertical.
    Thanks for the response.

Really? Maybe it appears that way as the pole is blocking a lot of my body, but I feel very tight in while I bench. I have to consciously focus on pinching my shoulder blades together as hard as I can as, if I don't, I feel clicking in my shoulder. Also, I am definitely pushing through my legs as hard as I can.

I'll try to get tighter (if I can) when I bench on Friday and will try to get a better angle.

Work on continually trying to get as big an arch with your body as you can. Get your feet as far back towards your body as you can without having your heels come up. Point your toes out a slight bit more. Then really think about getting your chest up and shoulders back as much as you can.