starting strength gym

Thread: DL bar path question

Default DL bar path question

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Just a single because my top set didn't record.

YouTube

I think I need a bit more extension at setup. But I'm curious if the bar path is signalling some other issue. Just as the bar gets past my knees it pulls back towards my heels. Do I need to straighten my knees more before pulling with my hips? Or, something else? Or, don't worry about it?

Hey,

It seems that you are opening your back angle from the floor (you shoulders go back as you get from the floor to your knees). Keep them over the bar until the bar passes your knees.

Also, the weight is too light, a heavy set of five would would give more information.

Agree. Keep your shoulders over the bar. Don't look in any of the mirrors. Lift more weight.

You are set up too far back from the bar.

Lower back extension is fine, fight for more upper back extension. Moar chest up!

Your bar path sweeps back at the top because you pulled it around your knees and you hitch (rebend the knees) slightly at the top. Think about staying out over the bar longer than you want to. Or, think about extending the knees off if the floor to push the ground away.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks all! Yes weight is light. This was the last warm up before work weight. I'll try to post a follow up tomorrow after I dl again.