starting strength gym

Thread: Squat check

Default Squat check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi all,
    After a long time of HBS to let some shoulder and bicep tendon issues calm down, I'm getting back into LBS. Recently submitted a check to the coaches. Coach Campitelli suggested elbows down more to get my right wrist straight. Aside from that, just working on the usual stuff - hip drahve, keeping weight mid foot, etc.
    YouTube
    Thanks in advance.

Pretty solid. Can't tell for sure, but on a couple it looked like your knees may have been knocking in a little - but that could be an artifact of the camera angle.

Rep 2 was your best, 3 and 5 had a tiny bit of relaxing at the bottom and knee slide. 1 and 4 were loose with more pronounced knee slide. You need to stay tighter throughout the movement.

Thanks guys.
    Re: knees buckling, that very well could be. I'll be even more mindful of that. Thanks
    Re: tightness, I definitely struggle with bracing on final sets like this one after fatigue had hit. Thanks - always a work in progress.
    I'll be more mindful of knee slide. Guessing this is a combination of looseness and not getting them forward soon enough?

Thanks again
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by nkupianist View Post
    I'll be more mindful of knee slide. Guessing this is a combination of looseness and not getting them forward soon enough?
    Yea, when I don't get my knees out soon enough (1/3 of the way down), I'm not able to get my hamstrings tight soon enough to aid in the movement as much. The quads maintain the knee angle, which in turn anchors the hamstrings and enables them to tighten on the way down into the hole. The tighter contraction does wonders for extending the hips on the way up