starting strength gym

Thread: Are these squats?

Default Are these squats?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    IMG_0221.MOV 10th workout 1st work set 155lbs IMG_0223.MOV 3rd work set

IMG_0221.3gp IMG_0223.3gp

Upload the video to YouTube and then post the link here.

Not to be a jerk, but watch these videos - the quality transfer to YouTube is so pixelated that it's hard to fully tell what's going on.
    It's also etiquette to post one lift video.

Since I saw your deadlift one, from what I can tell, you REALLY need to get into lumbar extension. Your lower back (the worst spot safety wise to be round) is really flexed. Do you have a copy of the book? Read the section on teaching those who have issues with awareness of lower back position - I wonder if you currently have the motor awareness to do better. There are some exercises on this in that section. Your hips also shoot up as soon as you start the pull, which makes the rounding even worse. Begin the pull by driving the floor away from you with your feet, and hold your back extension once you've learned how to achieve it.
    I'd deload, read all material available about lumbar extension in the site/book, and see a SSC if you live near one. Also, re upload one lift per post and fix the video quality issues. Id make lumbar extension priority one for safety reasons. Good luck!

I apologize for the poor quality of these videos. They didn't look that bad when I sent them. I don't know what happend in the process of uploading to YouTube and I apologize . When I setup for my deadlift I do try to squeeze my chest up and I thought I was ok but watching some of my form on video I can see I am not in full lumbar extension .

starting strength coach development program
    No worries man. Yeah, I see you trying to extend, but the extension never makes it to your lumbar area. Not to beat a dead horse, but clearer video will help all the experts here (a group I do not consider myself part of) to dig deeper as to why when uploaded.
    This article would be a good place for you to start.
    The Most Important Thing You Will Ever Learn About Lifting Weights | Mark Rippetoe
    I just think you literally have no awareness of how to turn on your erectors currently.
    Reread the deadlift and lumbar extension sections of the book (or read them if you never have). And as I said, look up your city on the coach directory. If you have one within a couple hours drive time, see them. They really help.