Height: 175cm (5ft 9in)
    BW: 82kg (180 lbs)
    Working weight: 40kg (90 lbs)
    11th workout (week 4) of SSLP

YouTube

Notes:
    1) First time weight started feeling heavy
    2) Mistakes I can spot:
    I push my but back right before the hip thrust ( This is the 1st time this problem occurs )
    My "elbows in front of bar" position deteriorates after a couple of reps.
    3) Any help is appreciated, thank you !

Not too bad. Both of the issues you listed in #2 are true. The elbows can be helped by working on hugging your elbows into your sides a little more - it helps your upper arms "catch" on your lats some at the bottom of the lift so the elbows aren't as likely to drift back. Having your hips pop backwards before the hip thrust can contribute to the elbows drifting backwards, too.

Wear a belt, it'll help. Squeeze your butt, abs, and thighs as hard as you can before you snap (just keep them squeezed the whole time as much as you can). Gain some more weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Illingworth View Post
    Not too bad. Both of the issues you listed in #2 are true. The elbows can be helped by working on hugging your elbows into your sides a little more - it helps your upper arms "catch" on your lats some at the bottom of the lift so the elbows aren't as likely to drift back. Having your hips pop backwards before the hip thrust can contribute to the elbows drifting backwards, too.

Wear a belt, it'll help. Squeeze your butt, abs, and thighs as hard as you can before you snap (just keep them squeezed the whole time as much as you can). Gain some more weight.
    1) Do you mean to narrow my grip a little ? If I narrow the grip more my palms are going to be inside the unknurled part of the bar is that ok ?
    2) I will try a belt next time
    3) I've been gaining about 1.5kg (3 lbs) per week ( I track everything ) and aiming for 1.5 - 2kg ( 3 - 4lbs ) weigh gain/week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean312 View Post
    1) Do you mean to narrow my grip a little ? If I narrow the grip more my palms are going to be inside the unknurled part of the bar is that ok ?
    No. Squeeze your arms together like you're trying to hug someone with your elbows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Illingworth View Post
    No. Squeeze your arms together like you're trying to hug someone with your elbows.
    Thank you Mr. Illingworth. I'll work on the form fixes and will post a form check after I have gained more experience under the bar.

Also, it looks like your leaning forward at the end of the reps instead of just returning to normal anatamotical positioning. You want to "shove your body under the bar" but not not under and out of the other side. I think that's why you lost your balance on the last rep 2nd set. A line drawn from the bar's starting position and ending position should be a perfectly vertical, straight line. Your ending position is slightly behind the starting position, which means your either starting off with the bar too far forward or ending up with the bar too far behind.

So: keep the bar close and send it straight it up, not up and back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlk93 View Post
    Also, it looks like your leaning forward at the end of the reps instead of just returning to normal anatamotical positioning. You want to "shove your body under the bar" but not not under and out of the other side. I think that's why you lost your balance on the last rep 2nd set. A line drawn from the bar's starting position and ending position should be a perfectly vertical, straight line. Your ending position is slightly behind the starting position, which means your either starting off with the bar too far forward or ending up with the bar too far behind.

So: keep the bar close and send it straight it up, not up and back.
    Very good advice. I have too have noticed that I tend to push the bar up and back and sometimes lean too forward. I was struggling with balance issues when learning the OHP and even now on some reps I tend to lose balance forward. It takes a second opinion to solidify the suspicions. Thanks dude !

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean312 View Post
    Very good advice. I have too have noticed that I tend to push the bar up and back and sometimes lean too forward. I was struggling with balance issues when learning the OHP and even now on some reps I tend to lose balance forward. It takes a second opinion to solidify the suspicions. Thanks dude !
    When you almost fall over, that should be your second opinion. haha.