starting strength gym

Thread: 375x4@8 Deadlifts

Default 375x4@8 Deadlifts

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Any critiques would be welcome. Currently running The Bridge. I've just recently started going barefoot, but I'm about to get some slippers.

I think I started to close to the bar on the first rep. Anything else?

YouTube

It does look like you've started too close to the bar. Make sure the bar is in contact with you all the way up. I think you could stand to point your toes out another 5 degrees. These are not bad deadlifts.

Ok thanks. I've had ongoing pain in my left knee for about a month now. As soon as I'm done deadlifting, like as soon as I put the bar down and go to walk away and take pressure off the leg (that's when you see me limp like I tripped over something), I get a sharp pulling/stabbing pain down the left side of my knee cap.

I just recently got knee sleeves for squats, but would it benefit me to wear them for DL's too?

Is it only on your deadlift? No pain on squat?

I'm not a medical professional and anything I offer obviously shouldn't be taken as medical advice.

Not nearly as bad on squats, but I wouldn't say they're pain free during squats either. I think I just have genetically shitty knees but I can try to post a video of my squat if need be. Also, like I said I just got the sleeves so I'll give that some time to see if they help.

Point your toes out a little more, widen your grip a half inch to allow you to get your knees out a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlk93 View Post
    Not nearly as bad on squats, but I wouldn't say they're pain free during squats either. I think I just have genetically shitty knees but I can try to post a video of my squat if need be. Also, like I said I just got the sleeves so I'll give that some time to see if they help.
    Seeing the squat would help. The knee sleeves won't help much on the deadlift, unfortunately.

starting strength coach development program
    YouTube

YouTube

So neither of these videos are going to be optimal but they're the most recent I have. Can y'all gather anything helpful from them? If not, I'll just wait until Monday regular heavy squat day.

The first video is my yesterday's Beltless Squats, first time squatting with sleeves.

The second is a rear view of my pin squats. You can scope out my knees pretty well on these I think.