starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift check for 6 month novice

Default Deadlift check for 6 month novice

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Set of 5 at 285lbs . My wife cut off the 5th rep, but you get the idea I think. Thanks

John

YouTube

Bar looks to be ahead of midfoot which is causing your hips to be low. They are shooting up slightly before the bar leaves the floor. You're also bringing the bar over your knees on the descent. Get your knees out of the way and put the bar straight down. Squeeeeze your chest up through your arms and set your lumbar harder

Quote Originally Posted by Johnski View Post
    Set of 5 at 285lbs . My wife cut off the 5th rep, but you get the idea I think. Thanks

John

YouTube
    Most importantly, you're setting up too far away from the bar and thus your hips are too low upon pulling. Get the bar an inch away from the shins (middle of the WHOLE foot), 2) reach down and grab the bar, 3) lower your hips JUST until your shins make contact with the bar (think: "if you move the bar, Trump will have a 32 year term"), 4) squeeze your chest up to the point that your head feels like its about to explode, 5) lift.

Secondly, when lowering the bar, you're going around your knees with the bar which is causing you to set up each rep too far away from the bar. First unlock your hips, then once the bar passes the knees, unlock your knees to finish the movement.