starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Squat check

Default Squat check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    13th workout 3rd work set of 170lbs. I got my weight up from 135 right now I am 150 but I think I am alittle high on my last set and wondering if I should repeat this weight with alilltle more dept and what ever els I should improve on YouTube

You need to get your knees forward and out sooner. Right now you're flexing at the hip before you flex at the knee, these need to happen at the same time. This is also putting you on your heels instead of mid-foot, so the master cue may help as well.

Am I wrong but I think I am alittle high also , should I stay at this weight and hit alittle bit more depth ?

Yeah, 1 through 4 are high. Be 152 by your next workout and do 175. I'm willing to bet the form corrections will also fix your depth.
    Last edited by Ben Patterson; 10-01-2017 at 01:55 PM.

The weight is still really light for you so going up in weight by next workout, even despite missing depth on a few, makes sense. Also, if you plan to post another video, get one from more of an angle. 45 degrees works well, so not directly to the side and not directly behind you but somewhere in between the two.

I was gonna stay at this weight for at least another workout but I might try what you said. I am still trying to get my weight up more like you said. I am not really sure how accurate bodyfat calipers for 10$ are but I figure if I get up to 160 within a couple of weeks I might be somewhere around 15 to 20% I am 5ft5" on a good day and almost 42 but I ve noticed how important technique is. I thought 140lbs was gonna crush me almost so I filmed my next set and corrected what I could see I was doing with my back angle to far forward and changing during to rep. And I ve noticed technique improvements and I ve been able to add more weight to the bar each session

At 42, 152 lbs by your next workout is a little aggressive so ignore that. I think st 5'5" you'd do well to shoot for 175 over the next 6 months.
    Last edited by Ben Patterson; 10-01-2017 at 02:13 PM.

I film almost all my squats with my phone but I am not able to post with my phone for whatever reason so I have a friend film my sets once in a while and upload em from there. I wish there was a Starting Strength gym near me.

Is there one within an hour or two? It would be a long drive but worth the trip.

starting strength coach development program
    I weigh about 150lbs now and I just squat 170lbs for 3sets of 5reps you seen my last work set . I can weigh 155 by Tuesday if I want. I am not sure what you mean ( shoot for 175 over six mounths) work sets or bodyweight?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast