starting strength gym

Thread: Form Check

Default Form Check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey guys, I started off doing the stronglifts 5X5 program and kinda slowly switched over to Starting strength since stronglifts is kind of a rip off of it anyways. I got my squat up to 250X5 and started to stall and I know that can’t be anywhere near the end of my linear progression so I checked my recovery and all that and I’m eating and sleeping a lot more, gaining 1.5 to 2 pounds per week (started at a very malnourished 145 at 5’10). All my lifts are going up steadily except the squat, which has kinda plateaued around 240 to 250. I came to the conclusion that my form was terrible and needed to be fixed. I think that it started deteriorating around the 200 pound mark and I just wasn’t honest with myself as the weight went up and it became too much to handle with less-than-stellar form. Doesn’t make it easier that I’m the typical high-waisted, long-femur individual (I know that’s no excuse). So I deloaded down to 200 and I really focused on pushing my knees out and glueing my feet to the floor. But I just wanted to get some outside opinions from you guys on anything that I’m doing incorrectly or could be doing better since nobody in my gym even low bar squats. YouTube

Can you get a video from the rear 45 degree angle? I can tell you aren't holding the bar right, but I'm not sure exactly what's wrong. Watch/read these: link 1, link 2. I also think you're stance may be off.

Have you considered getting some in person coaching?