Thread: Pappy’s First Squat Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Omaha Aaron View Post
    This.

I workout in my basement, but I would definitely point you to Testify S&C
    Thanks I will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by PappyVanWinkle View Post
    Did Rip really say, “if you are not wearing shoes, you are not doing the program.”? His advice on shoes seemed more like a guideline than Law. And I don’t mean to complain. I’m just trying to assess how important flooring is, and whether it would be beneficial.
    Page 68, first sentence "Shoes are the only piece of personal equipment that you really need to own."

Quote Originally Posted by nitrox_0400 View Post
    Page 68, first sentence "Shoes are the only piece of personal equipment that you really need to own."
    I know that he said that. But it doesn’t seem to be an essential pillar of The Program. Suppose I followed every other detail flawlessly, but didn’t wear shoes; would you say I follow SS? If not, how would you describe it?

I will look into taking out the carpet or building a platform. I have been wearing adidas Sambas. they have a flat rigid sole, they seem to work great. Ill look in the shoe forums to see if these are appropriate, or how to pick a squat shoe.

Thanks for sticking with me here. I don’t mean to be argumentative. Just trying to understand.

starting strength coach development program
    No worries, I was hoping to get away with an appeal to authority.

Your ability to maximize the weight that you can move, in any of the lifts, will depend on your ability to efficiently apply force against the weight. You want to go see an SSC because he can help you get your body in the best positions for efficient force production. In addition to this, you want the most stable interface between your body and the ground because, ultimately, you are applying that force to the ground. You want to give your feet more stability by using a weightlifting shoes with a sole that won't compress and you don't want your feet to compress squishy carpet.

Or not.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123