starting strength gym

Thread: 2nd Squat form check

Default 2nd Squat form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi,

Could you guys help me out checking my squat form? 240lbs @ 181lbs BW 6'1".

YouTube

It was my third working set and I felt my lower back round a little bit on the last rep. I ended up with a pretty bad pain on the right side of my groin and pelvis area. I'd appreciate any advice you can give me.

I submitted a squat form check a couple of weeks ago and I've been trying to improve my form based on the suggestions Jeff gave me. Here's a link to that form check:
    Squat form check (back angle)

Difficult to say much about your back from this angle. You're still picking your head up a bit, and you're still too loose on the descent. They also appear to be high, and you probably need to let your knees come further forward in the first half of the descent.

Michael's got all the issues outlined. I think you would really benefit from using a TUBOW for awhile to help get your knees where they need to be as your shins are too vetical and you are shooting your knees back too soon on the ascent. Slow your descent and stay tighter.

Thanks a lot, Michael and Jeff. I'll keep working on those issues and I'll try using the TUBOW.