• starting strength seminar august 2024
    Previous thread: Squat From Check SSLP

Height: 175cm (5ft 9in)
    BW: 84kg (185 lbs)
    Working weight: 90kg (200 lbs)
    Workout 16, week 6 of SSLP

YouTube

Notes:
    1) Last 2 weeks I've been getting this nagging left shoulder pain (mild). Today I went to the gym with some shoulder discomfort but after the workout it felt better. I concentrated on relaxing the elbows. (I've been reading "the shoulder problem" and Preventing Elbow Pain in the Squat | Nick Delgadillo a lot lately )
    2) My left wrist has a very persistent tendency to extend no matter how hard I try to keep it neutral
    3) Can't really feel "the bounce" (stretch reflex) from the bottom
    4) All constructive criticism is accepted. Thank you !

Your bounce issue is partially due to you not getting your knees in place early enough and then keeping them still. You're unlocking your hips first and then letting your knees travel forward for your entire descent.
    Unlock hips and knees at the same time. Get your knees in place in the first half of the descent, and then don't let them move.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    Your bounce issue is partially due to you not getting your knees in place early enough and then keeping them still. You're unlocking your hips first and then letting your knees travel forward for your entire descent.
    Unlock hips and knees at the same time. Get your knees in place in the first half of the descent, and then don't let them move.
    Notes taken. Thanks !