starting strength gym

Thread: Squat/Deadlift/Press Form Check

Default Squat/Deadlift/Press Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I am looking for a form check on my Squats, Deadlifts and Presses. I am working on running out the LP at this point and would like some feedback on anything I should be improving as weights get heavier.

Squats
    340x5x3 Set 1 - YouTube
    Set 2 - YouTube
    Set 3 - YouTube

Deadlifts
    365x5 - YouTube

Press
    157.5x4 Set 1 Failed on fifth rep - YouTube
    150x5 Set 2 - No Video
    150x6 Set 3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTut9v45tRc

Thanks for your input

Forgot to mention above that I have been having some arm pain after squats. I have been working on my grip and it has improved somewhat but is still there. Let me know if there is anything you see with my setup or grip that could be improved as well.

Squats: You're getting into your knees too much at the bottom. At the start of the squat, break at the knees and hips simultaneously and then aim your chest at the floor. Your knees will travel forward until they are over or just a little in front of your toes and they should get to that position by the time you're halfway down. They should not move back until you are halfway back up. Right now, you're bouncing into the bottom and pushing your knees forward which is negatively impacting your hip drive. You may benefit from using a TUBOW.

Deadlift: Set yourself tighter and then make sure you get back to that position as the set progresses. You're gradually get behind the bar as the set progresses. Think of lifting your hips a little bit before each subsequent rep.

Press: These are very soft and passive presses. Get your wrists straighter and your elbows more forward and together. If you are intending to do the Press 2.0 (with the hip snap), you need to squeeze like crazy. Tighten your quads, glutes, and trunk hard enough to cramp and then snap the hips forward while staying tight. When the bar bounces, start the press and stay under the bar.

Thanks for the input. Will get to work.