starting strength gym

Thread: Early Squat Form Check

Default Early Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I am 68, 144 pounds. I have been working at this for 3 weeks now. I started out barely able to get the bar behind my head on my neck. I have been working at getting the bar lower and straightening my wrists. At this point I'm not sure if it is high bar or low, since I don't know what I am looking at. Opinions and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is my last work set of 125X5X3. And yes, that is my knees making the snapping noises as I approach bottom.

YouTube

Hey baithog. Good choice on starting the program. Here a few things to clean up for your next session...
    Widen your stance so the heels are shoulder width. Maybe an inch or two outward on either side.
    The bar starts in the right spot, but creeps up as the set progresses. Widen your grip a couple fingers to see if you can't get more of your hand on the bar to keep it secure. Slowly work it closer over time. Take a look at the low bar stretch video on youtube YouTube
    Finally, cut your depth off. You're a bit too deep on all of these. Right below parallel.
    There are other things that need to be addressed eventually, but start with those for now.
    Get some weightlifting shoes ASAP.
    Good luck with your training.