starting strength gym

Thread: PC Form

Default PC Form

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi all. This is me cleaning 47kg(103lbs). My form's definitely not that good right now so all help is appreciated

Youtube

The angle isn't the best for viewing a pull from the floor. I can't tell where the bar is in relation to your mid foot. Record another from the front oblique. I would also recommend shoes, more specifically weightlifting shoes. The plates don't appear to be standard height, which is less than ideal. Does your gym have bumper plates? It
    also appears that you're initiating the jump with bent elbows and catching the bar in your hands instead of on your shoulders. Internally rotate your elbows slightly before initiating the pull to help keep your arms straight.

Quote Originally Posted by rettocekim View Post
    The angle isn't the best for viewing a pull from the floor. I can't tell where the bar is in relation to your mid foot. Record another from the front oblique. I would also recommend shoes, more specifically weightlifting shoes. The plates don't appear to be standard height, which is less than ideal. Does your gym have bumper plates? It
    also appears that you're initiating the jump with bent elbows and catching the bar in your hands instead of on your shoulders. Internally rotate your elbows slightly before initiating the pull to help keep your arms straight.
    Ok, I'll post another video next time. My gym doesn't have any bumper plates sadly. And I keep forgetting the rotate elbows cue so I probably can't seem to clean as much since I'm curling the bar lol. Gonna keep trying.

You really need to find a way to get the bar to start at standard height. If there are no bumper plates, either buy a pair or make some wooden discs that are the right diameter and bring them along. Until you're setting up right, it's hard to correct form.

What's your deadlift look like? We can work from that as they're the same lift until you get to the knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Illingworth View Post
    You really need to find a way to get the bar to start at standard height. If there are no bumper plates, either buy a pair or make some wooden discs that are the right diameter and bring them along. Until you're setting up right, it's hard to correct form.

What's your deadlift look like? We can work from that as they're the same lift until you get to the knee.
    I'll try post a deadlift setup video as soon as possible. Hopefully I might get a more standard setup by using the bigger 20kg plates at my gym instead of 10kgs