starting strength gym

Thread: Squat check

Default Squat check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    First post to forum, apologies for dark sweat pants (these are lightest I currently own).

YouTube

There is a lot to go over here. Start by watching this: YouTube

Gus, there's a lot to fix here. If possible, can you pull that rack out from the wall or use a different rack. You aren't getting under the bar correctly and it'll be hard to fix this with the current configuration.

Be sure to watch the squat grip video on here and read the thoracic extension article and apply those.

Widen your stance. Break at the knees and hips at the same time and get your chest aimed at the ground right away. Your knees stop going forward by the time you're halfway down and they should stay there until you are halfway back up. Keep them pushed out laterally over your feet the whole time.

Get and stay tighter.

Where do you train?

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I know I have alot to work on so glad I posted. The gym I go to is Joe's gym, an old school gym in San Antonio. They have a nice safety squat rack, but the safety bars disappeared a few weeks ago. Their second rack is better, but was occupied that afternoon.