starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squat Form Check- 270lbs

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Here’s the latest... 265 lbs x 5. Still working my way back up from deload due to cold.

Back corner view: YouTube

Side view:
    YouTube

Really tried to keep my back tight. Did a better job than the previous workout, but still feel I’m doing a “good morning” squat. I read the relevant section of the book and I’m still unsure how to combat this.

Any tips are much appreciated

Kevin

Couple things man but overall nice job.

1) when you get tired you tend to shoot your hips back instead of UP. Your knees shoot back quite a bit and you have that ‘good morning feel’. So, stay in your hips all the way up and keep your knees SOLID when you big the ascent. They will move back a BIT because of the hips leading out of the hole, but too much is not good.

2) lifting shoes and knee sleeves

Thanks Royce. That’s exactly what the section said re: shooting hips back, but just couldn’t cue it. “Stay in the hips” makes sense, that should help.

Have knee sleeves on under the pants...Shoes are coming soon...

Do you see any lumbar flexion issues? I felt like I started to show it somewhat when i was focusing on depth recently, but tried to combat it this last workout with “tight back” cue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_H View Post
    Thanks Royce. That’s exactly what the section said re: shooting hips back, but just couldn’t cue it. “Stay in the hips” makes sense, that should help.

Have knee sleeves on under the pants...Shoes are coming soon...

Do you see any lumbar flexion issues? I felt like I started to show it somewhat when i was focusing on depth recently, but tried to combat it this last workout with “tight back” cue.
    Your lumbar is fine. Good deal with the sleeves and shoes. Keep on working man!

Thanks!

Here’s my latest workout. Still had a few late reps that went front of foot, but overall felt good/better. Tried to “stay in the hips” more, back tight. Any tips are appreciated

Kevin

Rear View: YouTube

Side View: YouTube

Good stuff man, stay with it! Shoes are going to blow you away when you finally have solid contact with the ground. Keep after them gainzzzz.

Thanks Jeremy. So I’m told! Can’t wait to see how they feel.

Oh and PS- yes I was watching Mad Men while squatting. That might be a SS first

starting strength coach development program
    Here’s the latest. Just about back to where I was before the cold. Deadlift is still lagging but all other lifts are there or nearly there.

Squats - 270lbs (3rd set)
    YouTube

Kevin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12