starting strength gym

Thread: Technique help

Default Technique help

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi all,

I've been doing high bar squats for a long time and have switched to low bar and looking to start an LP. Can you give me any advice on how to improve my squat form?
    YouTube
    Thank you

Greetings. This is not the most advantageous angle for a form check. Please read this so that we can provide you the most optimal feedback: STICKY

However, it is clear that the bar is too high, the bar is forward of the mid foot the entire lift, and that you need to sit back more. Push your hips back and knees out. Try to keep the bar over the middle of your foot the entire lift. You also need to flex your abs like someone was about to gut punch you.

I assume the bar not being over mid foot during the set probably accounts for low back pain I'm experiencing when doing the lift?

Coupled with the low back flexion you exhibit in the video, yes.

starting strength coach development program
    I try push my knees out until they're over my toes and at the same time push my hips back and then descend but the bar doesn't seem to travel in a straight line over mid foot. Don't know how to rectify this. If I actively try keep chest up at the bottom would this help maintain a flat back? Thanks for all your help!