starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check

Default Squat form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Here is my starting point. I have a lot of flexibility work to do so my hands are closer together. Anyone with good ways to work on that feel free to tell me about them.

This is the first set of a 275x5x3 I did tonight.

I forgot.

46yrs old
    203lbs
    5'10"

Where are you located?

We need to narrow your stance about half tge width of your feet on each side. At the start of each rep, take a deep breath and squeeze everything hard. Break at the knees and hips at the same time and immediately get your chest aimed at the ground. Force your knees and thighs out to the side and keep them over your feet the whole time. Also, your knees should move forward until they are over the toes - but they need to get there by the time you are halfway down and they need fo stay there until you are halfway back up.

Regarding your grip, check out Paul Horn's video on the shoulder stretch for squats and read the thoracic extension article.

Thanks for the analysis Jeff. I am located in Montreal. I will work on those suggestions for a couple of weeks, then re-post my progress. I noticed the breathing as well. I tend to only do it when it gets challenging. I need to start doing it all the time!