starting strength gym

Thread: Squat check 1 forward moving barpath

Default Squat check 1 forward moving barpath

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey coaches, thanks so much in advance for any help with this. I've been working on staying tight under the bar in between reps, and am finding that there is a major tendency for my barpath to move slightly forward at the sticking point of my squat. Any help you guys can offer would be a huge gift.

Been going through sslp from 135 squat at bodywt 150 now 180 @255 squat.

YouTube

Nice progress. Yes, you need to stay even tighter and you can't let your upper body drop so much at the bottom. Compare the first and third rep as an example, first being good, third being bad. If you have video software to overlay them, you'll see the problem easily.

Do you feel like you're leaning into your toes a bit? If you do, then yes the bar-path is moving forward.

Thanks! I see exactly what you mean looking at it, now I just need to work on it with the weight on my back. Should I keep going up next workout or pause here till I get it perfect?

Quote Originally Posted by Amitchell View Post
    Thanks! I see exactly what you mean looking at it, now I just need to work on it with the weight on my back. Should I keep going up next workout or pause here till I get it perfect?
    I don't know enough about you/your training to say one way or another. Personally, I think form is much more important than weight, especially in the beginning stages, when adding pounds to the bar is quick and easy.

That was my tendency anyway. I just wanted to make sure I'm not one of those skinny guys NDTP like rip always talks about.