starting strength gym

Thread: Squat, Paused Deadlift, Press form check

Default Squat, Paused Deadlift, Press form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Squat, Press, Paused Deadlift form check

19 y.o., 5'10", 212 lb, 7+ months into training without prior experience - SSOC for 5 months to get through my LP (or my best equivalent). Currently on a version of the "old man TM".

Training - Monday 6 Nov 2017 in lb

SQ 187x5x4 w/ <4 min breaks (Reset from 320x5x4 on last Monday) - ONLY FIRST THREE REPS VISIBLE (sorry) due to the crowded gym. I think my knees are moving forward too much at the bottom, considering this is 15 kg (33 lb) less than my volume day PR...

MP 143x2 (failed the third rep)

DL 297x5x2 w/ 2sec pause just below knee. I noticed that I am leaning back/lowering my hips on the DLs.

Thanks to anyone who helps!

Squats: Please beat the people standing between the camera and you. Lower the hooks at least one notch, they're too high. Be careful of lifting your head on the ascent and on dive-bombing into the bottom. Work on getting tighter.

Presses: Watch your wrists - don't let them roll back. Work on getting and staying much tighter. Your hip snap can be more dynamic.

Paused Deads: Be careful of letting your hips drop as you get tired. Also, if you're going to pause, actually pause - don't lower and restart the weight. You also need to keep the bar closer on the pause. Lock out all the way at the top.

Thank you! Will do.

Are my knees actually sliding forward on the squat or is it ok?

They are knocking in. They may be a bit too forward, but they get there by not sliding.